Madonna will bring her washing machine to Kyiv
On May 23 Intercontinental hotel hosted a press-conference on the coming first and unique concert of Madonna in Ukraine.
Numerous representatives of media had the chance to put all their questions about the preparations and the readiness of Ukraine to host such a tremendous event, as well as about the peculiarities of the pop queen’s 48-pages rider to:
- Nikolay Isidorov, the Head of “Melnitsa” Concert Agency;
- Vladimir Geninson, the Head of “Ukrsportarena” State Corporation;
- Iryna Danylevska, the Head of Ukrainian Fashion Week Organizing Committee;
- Oksana Gurtovaya, the Head of the concert department of “Melnitsa” Concert Agency.
- The basic argument for the artist of the same extra-high level to entice him to come with a concert is the level of the stadium, the level of the supposed location; - commented Nikolay Isidorov, - Not every country can offer the necessary level, whereas we really can. We had been negotiating for half a year and though there were numerous controversial points we finally have managed to come to an agreement.
As for the readiness of the NSC Olimpiyskiy itself Vladimir Geninson assured the present journalists that after the tremendous opening ceremony of the stadium Madonna’s representatives came to conclusion that it is technically ready for the show.
Oksana Gurtovaya unveiled some details of the pop queen’s rider and admitted that it really is the most complicated one, as Madonna and her team will bring not only their own stage (which means 5 days for installation and 3 days for dismantlement), but even their personal washing machines. So, this will really be a unique show Ukraine has never seen before.
The Head of the concert department of “Melnitsa” CA also mentioned that the rider prescribes to fit the changing rooms with the tissue which the team will bring, to put a bouquet of white and light-pink roses to each room and to arrange the furniture according to a certain given scheme so that they are cozy and so that the team can enjoy a homelike atmosphere.
Surely, it would be hard to imagine the preparations for such a grandiose event without special contest for true fans of Madonna. Thus, the Head of Ukrainian Fashion Week Organizing Committee Iryna Danylevska told the journalists about the contest for everyone who is sure of his designer talent.
The contest «VYSHYVANKA for Madonna» starts on May 22 and will last till June 10. Its rules are very simple and clear: it is necessary to place your sketch of vyshyvanka (national Ukrainian blouse) on the official page of the contest. The top 10 sketches will be chosen within on-line voting and the team of competent jury will determine which of the 10 vyshyvankas is worth the pop queen’s wardrobe. The winner will be announced during a specially organized party in one of the best clubs of Kyiv.
The most devoted Madonna’s fan will also be able to win Platinum Fаn Card, a ticket giving the access to any VIP-sector of the NSC Olimpiyskiy.
The speakers of the press-conference promised to keep the journalists in touch and to share all the new information concerning the preparations for the coming grandiose concert of Madonna.