THE NAME OF THE SECOND DESIGNER TO REPRESENT UKRAINE at IYDC
On 8th of July the final of XIX All-Ukrainian Young designers contest “Look into the future” was held in Maristella Sea Line within Odessa Holiday Fashion Week. In the final 18 contestants selected from more than hundred applicants presented their collections. The Grand Prix got Katerina Heida.
She will represent Ukraine at the first International Young Designers Contest, which will take place on July 15 at Khreshchatyk street in Kyiv.
International Young Designers Contest is an event that attracts attention to Ukraine and Kyiv as an influential center for creativity, innovation and the development of young talented designers from 9 European countries: Georgia, Estonia, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and Ukraine.
Participants are the winners of national young designers’ contests, festivals and competitions. Each of them has already proved to be one of the most daring creative young minds, representing their own countries.
- Tereza Ujevićová, the winner of Sci-Fi Safari 2018 – Czech young best fashion talent;
- Jan Černý, the winner of Sci-Fi Safari 2018 – Czech young best fashion talent.
- Cärol Ott, the winner of Estonian Fashion Festival EFF 2018
- Annika Kiidron, the winner of Estonian fashion contest ERKI Moeshow 2018
- Akaki Prodiashvili, the finalist of Benext fashion design contest 2017
- Alma Vetlényi, the winner of "Gombold Újra!" Central European Designer Contest 2016
- Rūta Lendraitytė Utalla, the winner of Fashion Award “Mados Infekcija” 2017
- Domantas Smaizys, the winner of Fashion Award “Mados Infekcija” 2017
- Ekaterina Verbitskaya, the winner of Z Generation Young Designers Contest, 2018
- Elena Bannaia, the second winner of Z Generation Young Designers Contest, 2018
- CELINA WESOŁOWSKA, the winner of 9th Edition Fashion Designer Awards 2018
- SEBASTIAN GĄSIENICA - ŁUSZCZEK 9th Edition Fashion Designer Awards 2018
- Terézia Feňovčíková, the best young designer at Bratislava Design Week 2017
- Lukáš Krnáš, the winner of Best Fashion Graduated 2017 by Slovak Fashion Council
- Yelizaveta Volosovska, the winner of Harper's Bazaar Fashion Forward 2017 Ukraine, «Fashion Designer»
- Kateryna Geyda, the winner of all-Ukrainian contest among young clothing designers “Look into the Future”
The members of the Contest’s jury board are the recognized international experts:
Liana Satenstein – chief editor of fashion news Vogue.com (USA);
Yu Masui – LVMH Prize scout, Japanese journalist, contributor of the leading international fashion media, blogger, known by his signature style (Japan);
Riccardo Terzo – scout of Vogue Talents Project, stylist and journalist of Vogue Italy (Italy).
Giovanni Ottonello – professor, creative director of Istituto Europeo di Design (IED – chain of international universities in the areas of Fashion, Design, Art, Marketing, Management and Communication) (Italy).
Adriano Batista - chief editor - and Eduardo Garcia – founder and director of Fucking Young! - Spanish magazine about male fashion and culture. Fucking young! is collaborating with young photographers, designers and stylist, revealing new names (Spain).
The international jury board will determine the one and only winner of the contest.
The winner of IYDC will be awarded with the grand of $10 000, which include the grant for summer course at Istituto Europeo di Design and money for winner’s fashion design brand development.
Partners of the International Young Designers Contest prize fund are Ukrainian Fashion Week, IED and Yelizaveta Yurusheva, a business woman, owner of Fairmont Grant Hotel Kyiv and founder of charity foundation “Choosing our future together”.
The competition will open the names that will conquer the world fashion industry in the future.
The Contest begins on 18:00.
The contest is supported by the Kyiv City State Administration.